May 17, 2018
Senior Interior Architect
BKSK Architects, is looking for a Senior Interior Architect with 10-15 years of experience and a passion for high quality design and a positive, collaborative work style.
Applicant should have strong technical and design skills, and experience with all phases of project development from schematic design through construction administration. An ability to produce rigorous construction documents with a focus on detailing is essential. Strong communication and presentation skills are required and working knowledge of Revit is advantageous.
- Working closely with the Director of Interior Design, provide technical oversight and detail implementation for all interior architecture projects, including private residential, multi-family residential and civic cultural typologies
- Developing and executing design documentation standards for construction documents and detailing for interior architecture projects including constructability, accessibility, and code compliance
- Working collaboratively with project teams for consistency of design vision between architecture and interiors
- Providing support for project teams in coordinating work of outside consultants
- Providing support for project teams in implementing site inspections, shop drawing reviews and material submittals and other related construction administration tasks;
- Support and implement the firm’s sustainable design goals
- Assisting in coordinating staffing levels on projects
- Mentor/coaching less experienced staff;
- Participation in project pursuits and/or interviews.
- Developing and maintain strong client relationships
Ideal Candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design, Interior Architecture, or Architecture from an accredited university;
- 10+ years of experience;
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), organizational, and project management skills;
- Proficiency in Revit, Adobe Creative Suite (Other design-related programs are a plus);
- Motivated self-starter and works well in a collaborative environment; and,
- Ability to communicate comfortably and confidently with team members and clients.
This is a full-time position with benefits.
Please submit resume along with a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role email@example.com with “Senior Interior Architect” in the subject line. Please include salary requirements and availability. Please do not send attachments exceeding 4 MB. No submissions via FTP or posts, and no phone calls, please.