August 10, 2022
Founded in 1985, BKSK Architects is a New York City-based firm specializing in design that is socially, contextually, and ecologically engaged. The firm’s diverse range of work includes award-winning cultural, civic, educational, and multi-family residential projects.
We are looking for a Sustainability Coordinator with 1-3 years of experience to join BKSK’s Sustainable Design Team. The group is growing to deliver on our commitment to delivering healthy, resilient, and sustainable projects in New York City. We are seeking a full-time designer/coordinator position to integrate into current projects. This effort is used to inform design decision making at all stages. The role will assist the studios design teams and outline opportunities to clients on methods to create high performance, low energy buildings.
Ideal Candidates will have the following qualifications:
- 1 to 3 years of relevant experience
- A degree in Architecture or Engineering
- A passion for sustainability and general awareness of current environmental affairs.
- Strong building physics knowledge. Experience with low carbon systems, passive design solutions and renewable energy.
- Passion for learning & applying principles of sustainable & high-performance design
- Good written, verbal, & visual communication skills, for engaging internal & external partners
Proficiency with the following software packages:
Revit / Rhinoceros + Grasshopper/ Ladybug Tools / DIVA / ClimateStudio / Tally
Adobe creative suite (InDesign, Illustrator)
This is a full-time position with benefits. The need is immediate. Please submit your resume, portfolio as applicable and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Sustainability Coordinator” in the subject line. Please include salary requirements, and availability. Please do not send attachments exceeding 5 MB. No submissions via FTP or posts, and no phone calls, please.
BKSK Architects LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or gender identity or expression. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.