These four individual townhouses, built as a single development, were designed to occupy long-vacant lots on both sides of the elaborate 1902 Dudley Memorial corner building. Within the Cobble Hill Historic District, they create a coherent streetscape, weaving together the brownstone townhouse typology of both streets with the 1902 red brick presence on the corner.
They are quietly contemporary, with inventive details that show respect for the architectural language of rusticated bases, entrance stoops, railings, sills, lintels, and cornices of their 19th century neighbors.
These hint at the more overtly modern interiors and bay windows of the rear façades, which fill the rooms with natural light and views of intact rear yards extending throughout the block. Each townhouse is approximately 4,900 square feet.